Yodio is a program that allows you to put your pictures with short audio files. The audio files are recordings that you make by calling into their 1-800 number. The photos are uploaded from your computer.
You're gonna have to start out with your pictures, obviously. Download them to a computer and pick the ones out to use in your Yodio. You can have as many or as few as you like. It worked best for me to organize what I wanted my digital story to say and look like before I attempted to put it into the Yodio. Important thing to know--one photo can go with only one audio file just as one audio file can go with only one photo.
1. Go to www.yodio.com
2. Join. It's all free and sets you up a personal account.
3. Add a phone number that you will be recording from. You don't HAVE to do this, but it's easier than trying to get your recording later. They don't use the number for anything else, but simply attach it to your account.
4. Upload your pictures from a computer.
5. Call in to record what you want to say about each picture.
6. Drag and drop a photo and its audio file to a track.
7. This should all be creating your own digital story. Add a title and a description and when it's finished, publish it. You can set it to private if you don't want others on the world wide web to view it.
8. Go to "My Yodio" and "Share" to copy the link of your Yodio. Send that link to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll email back a confirmation and a form you will need to send back to me agreeing to share rights and access to your Yodio with Feet First.
9. You've just submitted your Yodio for a chance to win a Canon PowerShot Digital Camera. We'll keep in touch with how we're using or showcasing your story.
10. Thanks :)
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment